This is a pretty popular topic when it comes to African American folk magick, honey jars are meant to make life a little sweeter.
Use a honey jar spell to:
- To promote love
- Bring favor in a situation
- Make someone nicer to you
- Strengthen relationships
- Persuade someone to do something you want
The idea is that by using something sweet you are sympathetically (making connections between non-magical items to work your magick) encouraging something sweet to happen.
Other sweet things you can use:
- Sugar (works faster than honey)
- And other sweeteners like stevia, agave nectar, and fruit juices
Okay so you want to make a honey (or other sweetener) jar to encourage joy, harmony, and tender loving feelings in your life.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First write a petition, which is a wish/request written on paper (brown paper bag). Do some research and you will find many traditional ways to write petitions in hoodoo. Personally I favor creativity when it comes to this, so for love I may write my petition in a heart shape or use colors that correspond with my spell.
- Next get a jar (cleanse it using sage or anything you use to cleanse your tools, charge it with intent), put your petition in here with whatever herbs/roots/flowers/oils you’re using. You can also add other things for aesthetic like confetti or glitter or sprinkles, be creative.
- Last add your honey or sweetener. Place a lid on top.
Other things to do with your honey jar:
- You can burn candles on top to charge or recharge the spell.
- By shaking the jar you can get the spell moving forward.
- If everything you put in the jar is edible you can use the honey for cooking, tea or whatever. Or just taste when you want a quick boost of sweetness.
- Pray over the jar or meditate with intent.
Remember magick doesn’t work overnight, it takes time especially with a slow moving medium like honey.